Welcome to Food N' Me™ (the “Site”). The Site is operated by Octave Media International, LLC of Seattle, Washington, USA., which may be referred to herein as “Octave”, “us” or “we.”
2. USE OF CONTENT
The Site is only for your personal use. You may not use the Site for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
All information, materials, functions and other content (“Content”) contained on the Site are our copyrighted and trademarked property or the copyrighted and trademarked property of our licensors or licensees. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are proprietary to us and/or our licensors or licensees. We reserve the right to change the Site or modify or delete Content or features at any time, in any way, for any reason.
Except as we specifically agree in writing, no Content from the Site may be used, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise exploited in any way other than as part of the Site, except that where the Site is configured to enable the download of particular Content, you may download one copy of such Content to a single computer for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided that you (a) keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, (b) make no modifications to, and do not rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, copy (except to create a single copy for your own back-up purposes), or create any derivative works based on the Site or the Content, in whole or in part, and (c) do not use the Content in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands. Any business use, “re-mailing” or high-volume or automated use of the Site is prohibited.
There are two types of Submissions: Solicited Submissions and Unsolicited Submissions. “Solicited Submissions” means those Submissions (a) that we expressly request or enable you to provide to us via any feature or activity on the Site for our review or display and (b) that which you Distribute on or through the Site for which you do not seek consideration (such as in our Public Forums and communications (as defined below in the section below, entitled “PUBLIC FORUMS AND COMMUNICATION”)). “Unsolicited Submissions” are any and all Submissions that do not fall within items (a) or (b) of this paragraph.
DO NOT DISTRIBUTE ANY UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONS; NO IMPLIED CONTRACT.
You agree that, except as provided in our Privacy Policies, any Submissions you make are not being made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and us in any way, and that you have no expectation of any review, compensation or consideration of any type.
4. LICENSES AND REPRESENTATIONS
Without limiting the scope of the Submissions License or any future grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments, and waivers you may make with respect to Submissions, and to the extent allowed by applicable law, you hereby ratify any prior grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers made by you with respect to Submissions submitted by you to us.
Some services on the Site permit or require you to create an account to participate or to secure additional benefits. You agree to provide, maintain and update true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration processes (the “Registration Data”). You shall not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s user name, password or other account information, or another person’s name, likeness, voice, image or photograph. You also agree to promptly notify us of any unauthorized use of your user name, password, other account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to the Site. In addition, you agree to exit from your account at the end of each session.
6. PUBLIC FORUMS AND COMMUNICATION
“Public Forum” means an area, site or feature offered as part of the Site that offers the opportunity for users to Distribute Submissions for viewing by the Site users, including a chat area, message board or social community environment.
You acknowledge that Public Forums and features offered therein are for public and not private communications, and you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any Submission to a Public Forum. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose through any of these media; you make such disclosures at your own risk.
You are and shall remain solely responsible for the Submissions you Distribute on or through the Site under your user name or otherwise by you in any Public Forum and for the consequences of submitting and posting same. We have no duty to monitor any Public Forum.
Also, you should be skeptical about information provided by others, and you acknowledge that the use of any Submission posted in any Public Forum is at your own risk. For example, we are not responsible for, and we do not endorse, the opinions, advice or recommendations posted or sent by users in any Public Forum and we specifically disclaim any and all liability in connection therewith.
We owe you no obligation, and therefore may refuse, to post, deliver, remove, modify or otherwise use or take any action with respect to Submissions you Distribute.
We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit Submissions at any time and for any or no reason including, without limitation, if your Submission fails to conform to the Rules of Conduct, in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum. If we elect to screen Submissions, there may be a delay in the posting of such content in a Public Forum to allow for a review process. If we have questions about your Submissions including, without limitation, the copyright, we may contact you for further information including, for example, to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise obtained permission to post the material.
7. RULES OF CONDUCT
The following Rules of Conduct apply to the Site. By using the Site, you agree that you will not Distribute any Submission that:
- (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or an invasion of a right of privacy of another person;
- (b) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive;
- (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; or
- (d) otherwise harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity;
- (e) is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them, including a Submission that is, or represents an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity;
- (f) infringes or violates any right of a third party including: (i) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (ii) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person’s personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; or (iii) any confidentiality obligation;
- (g) is commercial, business-related or advertises or offers to sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicits others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);
- (h) contains a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tampers with, impairs or damages the onee time password Sites(OTP) Sites or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of the OTP Sites; or
- (i) does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the relevant Public Forum;
- (j) violates any specific restrictions applicable to a Public Forum; or
- (k) is antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.
8. COOPERATION; REMOVAL OF SUBMISSIONS
SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE CONTENT ON OR OTHERWISE RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THE SITES OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES OR SERVICES LINKED TO THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, COMPATABILITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY CONTENT WILL BE ERROR-FREE, THAT ACCESS THERETO WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH CONTENT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. MOREOVER, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST US WITH RESPECT TO CONTENT AND ANY CONTENT YOU PROVIDE TO THIRD PARTY SITES (INCLUDING CREDIT CARD AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Furthermore, the Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or the applicable local emergency service immediately. Reliance on any information appearing on the Site is strictly at your own risk.
The Site may contain the opinions and views of other users. Given the interactive nature of these sites, we cannot endorse, guarantee, or be responsible for the accuracy, efficacy, or veracity of any content generated by our users.
The content the Site is intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. Such content is not intended to, and does not, constitute legal, professional, medical or health care advice or diagnosis, and may not be used for such purposes. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in, or accessible through, the Site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer or professional licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
To support smooth operation of the Site across wide geographic areas, aspects of certain activities in the Site, may be simulated to avoid delays in display.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR LICENSORS OR LICENSEES, OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING ENTITIES’ RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) AND PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR CONTENT, OR (B) THE CONDUCT OR ACTIONS, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, OR $100 (WHICHEVER IS LESS) FOR ACCESSING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO THE SITE. MOREOVER, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE, OUR LICENSORS OR LICENSEES, OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING ENTITIES’ RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM AN ACT OF FORCE MAJEURE OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR OR THEIR REASONABLE CONTROL.
SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR FURTHER ACCESS TO THE SITE OR CHANGE THE SITE OR DELETE CONTENT OR FEATURES IN ANY WAY, AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON WITHOUT LIABILITY.
13. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTIONAL AND VENUE ISSUES
16. GENERAL PROVISIONS
17. CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances as determined by us in our sole discretion, of users who are infringers of copyright.
Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to: Octave Media International, LLC 12342 NE 26th Place, Bellevue, WA 98005 ou by email at email@example.com.
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- (a) A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- (e) A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give you notice that we have removed or disabled access to certain material by means of a general notice on the Site, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to your physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- (i) Your physical or electronic signature;
- (ii) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- (iii) A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- (iv) Your name, physical address and telephone number;and
- (v) A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Octave Media International, LLC may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.